Answer the following 7 questions.
- Did you notice your hunger coming on fast, or did it grow gradually?
- When you get hungry, do you feel an almost desperate need to eat something straight away?
- When you eat, do you pay attention to what goes in your mouth, or do you stuff it in?
- When you get hungry, would any nutritious food suffice, or do you need a certain food type of food or treat to satisfy yourself?
- Do you feel hungry after you’ve eaten?
- Do you eat when you are emotionally upset or experience feelings of emptiness?
- Do you stuff in the food very quickly?
If you answer yes to 4 or more of the questions then it’s very likely you are an emotional eater.